Saturday, June 9, 2012

Science Fiction Legend Ray Bradbury Dies at 91


Legendary author Ray Bradbury, best known for his classics Fahrenheit 451, The Martian Chronicles and Something Wicked This Way Comes, died Tuesday night at the age of 91 after a long illness. Bradbury touched the lives of countless people in a way unlike any other author of the 20th century. On a personal note, my father read to me Bradbury's short stories from R is for Rocket and S is for Space when I was a young child - sparking my lifelong love of science fiction. Bradbury's work spoke to the heart of my wife as well - she literally cried when we talked with him at the Jules Verne Awards at the Shrine Auditorium in 2007. He was there to receive a lifetime achievement award. He will be greatly missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment